Andrew P. Toney
Andrew Toney is an attorney in Flora Pettit’s Charlottesville office. He focuses his practice on general business counseling, including entity formation, business disputes, asset and stock sales, trademark protection, and more. He has worked with a wide variety of incorporated and limited business entities, from manufacturers to health care institutions.
Andrew is from Shelby, North Carolina and earned his undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. As an undergraduate, Andrew majored in International Studies and Geography with a minor in German. He also earned distinctions as a recipient of the Business Essentials Certification from the Kenan-Flagler Business School and as a three-year letterman with Carolina’s varsity football program where he was a team manager.
Andrew graduated from the University of Richmond School of Law. While there, he clerked for the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. He also served as an editor of the Richmond Journal of Law and Technology and participated in the Intellectual Property and Transactional Law Clinic. Andrew was privileged to serve as an advisor on the Career Development Advisory Board and as a member of the Christian Law Fellowship.
Andrew spends his time away from work exercising, socializing, and pulling for the Tar Heels. As an Eagle Scout, Andrew enjoys working with local organizations that bring out the best of Charlottesville.
- Drafted commercial contracts for the purchase and sale of goods and services across multiple industries.
- Advised and assisted clients with the formation of business entities and the restructuring of existing businesses, including the preparation of critical internal and external contracts.
- Incorporated and organized scores of corporations and limited liability companies, respectively.
- Drafted employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), and other restrictive covenants for clients.
- Assisted with numerous acquisitions and divestitures.
- Virginia State Bar
- The Old Well Scholar Award (an Endowment at UNC-Chapel Hill)
- Benefactor (2019 – Present)
- UNC-Chapel Hill Young Alumni Leadership Council
- Member (2019 – Present)
- Virginia Bar Association
- Young Lawyer’s Division Pro Bono Committee
- Blue Ridge Region Delegate (2019 – Present)