June M. Nabers
June Nabers began her career as a paralegal in Harrisonburg in 1984. June has experience in title insurance, residential and commercial real estate closings, estates and trusts, law office, nonprofit and public management. After completing her M.P.A., she worked as the Community Development and Grant Coordinator for Harrisonburg Redevelopment and Housing Authority and as the Development Coordinator in the Northern Shenandoah Valley (Winchester, Harrisonburg and Charlottesville) for Lutheran Family Services of Virginia. She was born in Louisiana and raised in a career military family. June and her husband, the Reverend G. William Nabers, live in Basye where they enjoy spending time with family and friends, hiking and reading classic mysteries. They were rescued recently by a feral cat they named Hobo and struggle to live up to his high expectations.
- Served as grant writer of federal, state and local government proposals for housing projects including construction of Commerce Village, Harrisonburg; which provides housing for the chronically homeless and homeless veterans.
- Served, during the proposal phase for the Hotel Madison Project, on the Harrisonburg Industrial Development Authority (2012-2014) and as the IDA Secretary (2013-2014).
- Served as president of a captive title insurance agency and prepared title commitments/policies for residential and commercial real estate transactions.
- Managed real estate acquisition and financing transactions for individuals and companies, including drafting of closing documents, coordination of parties, and resolution of closing impediments throughout the entire closing process.
- Researched and prepared Preliminary Environmental Reviews for public housing projects prior to submitting proposals to the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development.
- Managed operations and personnel for a general practice legal firm.
- Shenandoah Valley Paralegal Association, various offices (1990-2005)
- Virginia Alliance of Paralegal Associations (1998-2005)
- Muhlenberg Lutheran Church
- Local and Global Mission Committee
- Women of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- Virginia Synod Women’s Organization (2015 – present)
- Grant Writer for Nonprofit Causes (2006 - present)
- Court Appointed Special Advocate for Children (2019 - present)
- Graduate of the Harrisonburg Citizens Academy (2011)
- Graduate of the JMU Nonprofit Management Institute (2006)
- Survey Volunteer Harrisonburg Point-in-Time Counts of the Homeless (2009-2014)
- Teacher/Tutor in the Shenandoah County ESL Literacy Program
- Bridge of Hope Harrisonburg-Rockingham Board Member (2010-2014)
- National Association of Legal Assistants
- Certified Paralegal Certification, 1994 – present
- Advanced Certified Paralegal Certification, 1996 - present