Nathan B. Greyard
Nathan Greyard focuses his practice on Banking and Creditor’s Rights and has experience in working with troubled loans and guiding banks and lenders through the workout, special-asset litigation, and foreclosure process. Nathan understands that each matter requires careful consideration in executing a recovery strategy through loan modifications, forbearance agreements, litigation, adversary proceedings, and ultimately asset recovery. Nathan has extensive experience representing creditors in bankruptcies and collections.
Nathan also practices in commercial and real estate financing. His experience includes representing national and regional banks in complex commercial mortgage-backed securities loan transactions.
Nathan was raised in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Nathan enjoys spending his time away from work golfing, hiking, and biking.
- Represented lenders in loan restructure and workout transactions
- Conducted foreclosure sales of both residential and commercial properties, many of which involved lender liability issues and bankruptcy
- Represented lenders in recovery of assets via litigation such as unlawful detainers
- Represented lenders in residential and commercial real estate transactions, including due diligence review, title and survey review, document drafting and settlement
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia
- Fourth Circuit Permits Lien Stripping in Chapter 13 Cases Regardless of Whether a Proof of Claim is Filed, USFN (Apr. 2018)