Thomas B. Gladin
Thomas Gladin focuses his practice on commercial real estate, secured financing, title matters, Section 1031 exchanges, and business matters. Thomas approaches the practice of law with a practical point of view based on diverse professional experiences he acquired before, and after, earning his law degree.
Thomas formerly served as a Circuit Court Law Clerk to the Honorable Edward A. Robbins, Jr. of the Twelfth Judicial Circuit of Virginia and interned at the Court of Appeals of Virginia. Thomas’ judicial clerkship experience provides him with a unique and practical perspective on his client’s legal issues.
Thomas is a lifelong resident of Virginia having been raised in central Virginia just south of Richmond. Thomas studied law at The Regent University School of Law in Virginia Beach, Virginia and practiced law in the tidewater area of Virginia for several years before trading in the beaches for the mountains and moving to Harrisonburg. In his free time Thomas enjoys spending time with his wife and three sons. He especially enjoys spending time with his boys traveling, camping, hiking in the mountains, and teaching them home improvement and auto mechanic skills.
- Virginia State Bar, Real Property Section
- Harrisonburg-Rockingham Bar Association, Member
- Virginia Bar Association
- Real Estate Section
- Young Lawyers Division
- Boy Scouts of America
- Cub Scout Leader
- Eagle Scout
- Negotiated and drafted residential and commercial leases, subleases and lease amendments for numerous clients, focusing on multi-family residential housing.
- Represented numerous clients across the state of Virginia in connection with sales and acquisitions of residential and commercial real property – from negotiation and drafting of purchase agreements, lender negotiation, and curing title issues through closing.
- Represented clients in resolution of boundary line and easement disputes.
- Advised real estate investor groups on business formation, structuring, and portfolio acquisition.
- Represented private and institutional lenders and borrowers in a wide range of loan transactions.
- Assisted clients with the like-kind exchange of real property.