Andrew Stockment to Present on Cybersecurity and Ethical Obligations at Harrisonburg Bar Association
Andrew Stockment will be one of the speakers presenting "Cybersecurity, Ethical Obligations, and Insurance in the Data Breach Era" at the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Bar Association meeting on August 10, 2016. Andrew will be joined by representatives from Virginia Barristers Alliance, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Virginia Bar Association, who will cover cyber liabliity insurance issues. The program has been approved by the Virginia State Bar for 1.0 hour (0.5 ethics) of CLE credits. The program topics will include:
- Ethical Obligations for Lawyers Regarding Technology and Cybersecurity
- Confidentiality in Cloud Services
- Data Breach Notification Requirements for Law Firms
- Cyber Liability and Insurance Coverage
- What is the risk?
- Claims Examples
- Why purchase a separate Cyber Liability Policy?
- Typical Coverages to be found in the Cyber Policy
Andrew focuses his legal practice on business law, intellectual property and technology, cybersecurity and data privacy, and securities and private equity. Andrew regularly counsels clients regarding data security and privacy issues and assists organizations with data breach notification compliance. He currently serves on the VBA Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law Section Council as the Young Lawyers Division Representative, and he is the Secretary-Treasurer of the VBA Young Lawyers Division.