Matthew Von Schuch
Matthew Von Schuch is an attorney and CPA who counsels businesses and their owners on matters relating to formation, acquisitions, sales, mergers, succession planning, as well as general business. He provides estate planning and administration advice to individuals. Drawing on his years of experience as a trial lawyer for the Tax Division of the U.S. Department of Justice, Matt also advises clients on individual, business, and non-profit tax planning and controversy matters.
In his free time Matt coaches his older son’s AAU basketball team, drives his younger son to Karate practice, and cheers for his wife who competes in a variety of local 5k races.
Before joining Flora Pettit, Matt worked as a CPA at Brown Edwards, and as a tax partner in a Harrisonburg law firm.
Matt is also a former trial attorney in the Tax Division of the U.S. Department of Justice where he represented the IRS in tax cases before federal courts throughout the country.
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Tax Court
- Selected to “Virginia Rising Stars,” Tax Law, Super Lawyers Magazine, Thomson Reuters, 2016
- Selected to “Legal Elite,” Virginia Business, 2013 - 2017
- U.S. Attorney General’s John Marshall Award for Trial of Litigation
- IRS Office of Chief Counsel's Award for Outstanding Support
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certificate Public Accountants
- Asbury United Methodist Church
- Stewardship Chair
- Delegate to Virginia UMC Annual Conferece
- Rockingham Rotary Club, Member
- Harrisonburg Education Foundation, Board Member
- Explore More Discovery Museum, Board Member
- JMU Forbes Center for the Performing Arts, Advisory Board
- Sentara RMH Foundation, Planning Giving Committee Advisor