Andrew Stockment was one of the presenters for "Practical Cybersecurity in a World of Breaches" at the 128th Annual Meeting of The Virginia Bar Association on January 20, 2018. The program was approved by the Virginia State Bar for 1.5 hours (1.0 ethics) of CLE credits. The presentation included practical advice about steps lawyers and law firms should take to protect themselves and their clients from the loss or theft of their sensitive information. The topics included:
- Ethical Obligations for Lawyers Regarding Technology and Cybersecurity
- Data Breach Notification Requirements for Law Firms
- Cyber Liability and Insurance Coverage
- Practical Training and Advice about Avoiding Phishing Attacks and Account and Device Security
- Confidentiality in Cloud Services
Andrew focuses his legal practice on intellectual property and technology, cybersecurity and data privacy, and corporate and business law. Andrew regularly counsels clients regarding data security and privacy issues and assists organizations with data breach notification compliance. He currently serves on the VBA Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law Section Council and the VBA Board of Governors, and he is the Chair of the VBA Young Lawyers Division.